LYNN – Officials of East Lynn Pop Warner would not comment Tuesday night on reports that at least three of the six juveniles charged in the severe beating of a man in July have been participating in pre-season football practices until their board of directors has a chance to meet tonight.League president and coach Duke Wilson declined to comment on the reports.However, at least one parent said yesterday that three of the boys – and possibly more – have taken part in practices while wearing ankle monitors. The six boys were remanded to their parents following a hearing last month.The victim, Damian Merida, 30, a Guatemalan immigrant, is still in serious condition as a result of the beating.”It’s obviously a hot issue,” said the parent. “We were all shocked when it came out who some of these players were, since they’ve been good kids.”The Pop Warner regular season begins next week.East Lynn had a tremendously successful season in 2008, as its B and C squad won state championships. The C Squad went on to compete in the national Super Bowl at Disney World.
