MARLBHEAD – Eighteen parents and students crowded into the School Committee’s retreat in an unusual show of force Thursday morning – and they were rewarded with the news that the gymnastics and junior varsity golf coaches would be rehired.Superintendent of Schools Paul Dulac assured the parents that a $12,000 surplus identified Wednesday morning by new School Business Manager Brian Salzer and Acting SBM George Gearhart would cover the $10,000-$12,000 required for the two coaching stipends.Athletic Director Mike Plansky has recommended leaving the two positions in place and committee members unanimously voted to do that.However, Dulac and the School Committee will still publicly discuss a possible increase in athletic and activity fees to resolve what Dulac called a structural problem, in which coaches’ raises and other cost increases create annual deficits.That discussion will be scheduled for a future meeting, since Dulac had to leave the meeting at 1 p.m. before the committee concluded the work on its agenda.Committee member Dick Nohelty said the committee was caught by surprise when the parents showed up to protest the coaching cutbacks June 3. He and Chairman Patricia Blackmer disagreed over the date when Blackmer informed the committee of the changes by email.Dulac and committee member Jonathan Lederman apologized to the parents and students present for “dragging them out” on a summer morning.Dulac said the possible cutback arose while he was hospitalized for heart surgery last month and took responsibility for the confusion that resulted.