• Skip to main content
  • Skip to secondary menu
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer
  • Purchase photos
  • My Account
  • Subscribe
  • Log In
Itemlive

Itemlive

North Shore news powered by The Daily Item

  • News
  • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Police/Fire
  • Government
  • Obituaries
  • Archives
  • E-Edition
  • Help
This article was published 13 year(s) and 6 month(s) ago

Owners propose fixes for Saugus driving range

Matt Tempesta

May 23, 2012 by Matt Tempesta

SAUGUS – Attorney Richard Magnan, representing Golf Country on Route 1, laid out a series of changes the owners plan to make to resolve issues with golf balls landing on homes on Applewood Drive.Speaking to the Board of Selectmen Tuesday night, Magnan said the owners have already spent around $100,000 on additional netting and spent $15,000 on netting for a neighbor’s yard.Over the last year Magnan said owners have also adopted restricted flight golf balls.”They don’t travel as far and are commonly used in driving ranges that have limited space,” said Magnan. “This should prevent golf balls from going onto neighbors’ property.”Magnan said about 80 percent of the balls are restricted flight and owners will phase out the rest. He also said owners will restrict the second level of the range to just irons.”Hopefully the problem will be eliminated,” said Magnan.The board also approved an entertainment license for an additional eight TVs, a radio and a jukebox for Sully C’s Bar and Grill, a new restaurant on Route 1 that should be opening in about 10 days.”The board did do an inspection at the establishment last Tuesday and everything seemed to be OK,” said Serino.However, Serino noted it appeared TVs had been installed and then taken down prior to the board’s arrival.In other business, the board approved a three-day beer and wine license for the Portuguese Feast on June 29 through July 1, reappointed Animal Control Officer Harry Young to his position and approved a valuable/used goods license for Best Buy in the Square One Mall to allow them to buy and sell used items.The board denied a second license for Best Buy Mobile in the mall and for Sassoun Jewelry at 348 Central St. The board cited ownership issues for denying the license for Sassoun.”I would like to give Sassoun 30 days to have the opportunity to bring us proof of ownership,” said selectman Debra Panetta.One more valuable/used good license remains open out of eight and the board voted to advertise the license for 30 days.The board also approved an additional seven seats at the newly opened Zinga frozen yogurt shop on Route 1 for a total of 39 seats.Matt Tempesta can be reached at [email protected].

  • Matt Tempesta
    Matt Tempesta

    View all posts

Related posts:

No related posts.

Primary Sidebar

Advertisement

Sponsored Content

Financial advice for U.S. Citizens in Spain

Safe, Supervised, and Grounded in Care: How Lumin Health Delivers Ketamine Therapy Responsibly

Revenge Saving: Taking Back Control of Your Finances – with a Little Help from Beverly Credit Union

Advertisement

Upcoming Events

38 SPECIAL

December 13, 2025
Lynn Auditorium

4th Annual LCTV & CCoL Photos with Santa & Toy Drive

December 11, 2025
181 Union Street, Lynn, MA, United States, Massachusetts 01901

98°

December 5, 2025
Lynn Auditorium

A Celtic Christmas Concert: Dashing Through the Snow

December 6, 2025
590 Washington St, Lynn, MA, United States, Massachusetts 01901

Footer

About Us

  • About Us
  • Editorial Practices
  • Advertising and Sponsored Content

Reader Services

  • Subscribe
  • Manage Your Subscription
  • Activate Subscriber Account
  • Submit an Obituary
  • Submit a Classified Ad
  • Daily Item Photo Store
  • Submit A Tip
  • Contact
  • Terms and Conditions

Essex Media Group Publications

  • La Voz
  • Lynnfield Weekly News
  • Marblehead Weekly News
  • Peabody Weekly News
  • 01907 The Magazine
  • 01940 The Magazine
  • 01945 The Magazine
  • North Shore Golf Magazine

© 2025 Essex Media Group