• Skip to main content
  • Skip to secondary menu
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer
  • Purchase photos
  • My Account
  • Subscribe
  • Log In
Itemlive

Itemlive

North Shore news powered by The Daily Item

  • News
  • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Police/Fire
  • Government
  • Obituaries
  • Archives
  • E-Edition
  • Help
This article was published 13 year(s) and 2 month(s) ago

Saugus businessmen teaming up to help replace soccer goals

Matt Tempesta

August 31, 2012 by Matt Tempesta

SAUGUS – A pair of local businesses are pitching in to help the Saugus Youth Soccer Association replace a pair of goals that were stolen.Youth Soccer president Kellie Nickole said Wednesday that a pair of goals were stolen from Anna Parker Playground last week. The story was then picked up by a local news radio station Thursday.Now Prince Pizzeria owner Steven Castraberti and John Carpenito from Carpenito Real Estate said they want to help the league raise the $2,500 needed.?We heard about it, my son did, and he called me and I thought it was such a horrible thing for somebody to do,” said Castraberti. “You?re stealing from kids. It?s a creepy thing to do.”Castraberti said Prince will donate a portion of sales for anyone who comes in next Thursday night saying they support Saugus Youth Soccer. The fundraiser will run from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. and will cover eat-in and take-out orders.?These people maintain their own field and anybody who supports youth sports knows it?s very difficult,” said Castraberti. “I reached out thinking it was the right thing to do. It?s what we do here all the time. We?re kind of home central for all things youth sports.”Carpenito said his own kids went through Saugus Youth Soccer, and he?s willing to contribute “whatever is needed.”?I just like to do that stuff,” said Carpenito. “Steve Castraberti is great, too. He?ll do whatever he can. Maybe I can make up the difference with the fundraiser or maybe help do some security lights.”With more than 300 kids participating this year, Nickole said the nets that were stolen were for ages 10 and under, which is the biggest group in the league.Now kids will have to use bigger goals that will make it harder to block shots. Furthermore, Nickole said, the goals they have are old and falling apart.On Thursday, Nickole said she never expected such an outpouring of support.?I was really surprised,” said Nickole. “That was so gracious of him. This day and age restaurants run on a really tight budget so to donate that much money I think is a great gesture.”Matt Tempesta can be reached at [email protected].

  • Matt Tempesta
    Matt Tempesta

    View all posts

Related posts:

No related posts.

Primary Sidebar

Advertisement

Sponsored Content

Financial advice for U.S. Citizens in Spain

Safe, Supervised, and Grounded in Care: How Lumin Health Delivers Ketamine Therapy Responsibly

Revenge Saving: Taking Back Control of Your Finances – with a Little Help from Beverly Credit Union

Advertisement

Upcoming Events

38 SPECIAL

December 13, 2025
Lynn Auditorium

4th Annual LCTV & CCoL Photos with Santa & Toy Drive

December 11, 2025
181 Union Street, Lynn, MA, United States, Massachusetts 01901

98°

December 5, 2025
Lynn Auditorium

A Celtic Christmas Concert: Dashing Through the Snow

December 6, 2025
590 Washington St, Lynn, MA, United States, Massachusetts 01901

Footer

About Us

  • About Us
  • Editorial Practices
  • Advertising and Sponsored Content

Reader Services

  • Subscribe
  • Manage Your Subscription
  • Activate Subscriber Account
  • Submit an Obituary
  • Submit a Classified Ad
  • Daily Item Photo Store
  • Submit A Tip
  • Contact
  • Terms and Conditions

Essex Media Group Publications

  • La Voz
  • Lynnfield Weekly News
  • Marblehead Weekly News
  • Peabody Weekly News
  • 01907 The Magazine
  • 01940 The Magazine
  • 01945 The Magazine
  • North Shore Golf Magazine

© 2025 Essex Media Group