• Skip to main content
  • Skip to secondary menu
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer
  • Purchase photos
  • My Account
  • Subscribe
  • Log In
Itemlive

Itemlive

North Shore news powered by The Daily Item

  • News
  • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Police/Fire
  • Government
  • Obituaries
  • Archives
  • E-Edition
  • Help
This article was published 13 year(s) and 2 month(s) ago

Prince Pizzeria plans satellite take-out eatery

Matt Tempesta

September 11, 2012 by Matt Tempesta

SAUGUS – Prince Pizzeria and its giant leaning tower have been a landmark on Route 1 for more than 50 years. And if all goes according to plan, Prince owner Steven Castraberti said he hopes to have a second location opened across the street in mid-October.?We have a temporary sign up there now and we?re moving forward with that for sure,” said Castraberti.The new Prince restaurant will take over the old Karl?s Sausage, which had been another long-time Route 1 fixture. Karl?s closed its doors and moved to Bourbon Street in Peabody last month.Castraberti said he hopes the new restaurant will capture some of the traffic heading north on Route 1.?I?m looking across the street right now and traffic is brutal on Route 1 North and they don?t want to turn around at Walnut Street and come back this way,” said Castraberti.Castraberti said the new location will be “strictly takeout” and will feature online ordering with Prince?s complete menu.Castraberti said the inside of the shuttered restaurant is in “pretty good shape” and likely won?t need much work other than some new counter tops and a new cooking line.Along with the new location, Castraberti said he?s looking to hire between 15 and 20 new employees.?I?ll be looking for people who can multitask,” said Castraberti. “People who can cook and take care of customers. We?re not going to have a huge staff over there because we?re not going to have any seats.”Castraberti said he doesn?t think the second location will affect the main restaurant, noting the upside “far outweighs” any potential losses.?I think this is probably long overdue for us to have something like this available for people that just don?t want to turn around,” said Castraberti. “I don?t blame them. Walnut Street is the number one intersection in the state for accidents.”Matt Tempesta can be reached at [email protected].

  • Matt Tempesta
    Matt Tempesta

    View all posts

Related posts:

No related posts.

Primary Sidebar

Advertisement

Sponsored Content

Financial advice for U.S. Citizens in Spain

Safe, Supervised, and Grounded in Care: How Lumin Health Delivers Ketamine Therapy Responsibly

Revenge Saving: Taking Back Control of Your Finances – with a Little Help from Beverly Credit Union

Advertisement

Upcoming Events

38 SPECIAL

December 13, 2025
Lynn Auditorium

4th Annual LCTV & CCoL Photos with Santa & Toy Drive

December 11, 2025
181 Union Street, Lynn, MA, United States, Massachusetts 01901

98°

December 5, 2025
Lynn Auditorium

A Celtic Christmas Concert: Dashing Through the Snow

December 6, 2025
590 Washington St, Lynn, MA, United States, Massachusetts 01901

Footer

About Us

  • About Us
  • Editorial Practices
  • Advertising and Sponsored Content

Reader Services

  • Subscribe
  • Manage Your Subscription
  • Activate Subscriber Account
  • Submit an Obituary
  • Submit a Classified Ad
  • Daily Item Photo Store
  • Submit A Tip
  • Contact
  • Terms and Conditions

Essex Media Group Publications

  • La Voz
  • Lynnfield Weekly News
  • Marblehead Weekly News
  • Peabody Weekly News
  • 01907 The Magazine
  • 01940 The Magazine
  • 01945 The Magazine
  • North Shore Golf Magazine

© 2025 Essex Media Group