LYNN – A judge found a city teen to be a danger and ordered the man held without bail pending trial for allegedly shooting another man near Lynn Common on May 30.”Somebody shot somebody in broad daylight,” Lynn District Court Judge Albert Conlon said Tuesday. “I have no ability to find that he is not dangerous, no ability to find that there are any conditions that he can be back out on the streets.”But observed testimony revealed little about the alleged incident, and the judge ordered the court files to remain impounded so as not to reveal names of alleged witnesses or those allegedly involved.Jonathan Lucien, 19, pleaded not guilty to armed assault with intent to murder; and disorderly conduct; at his June 2 arraignment in Lynn District Court. He was ordered held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing, which was held Tuesday.Police responded at approximately 4:20 p.m. May 30 to 24 Arlington St., where officers found the alleged victim, who had run around the corner from the scene of the shooting at 61 Baker St. The alleged victim was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital.A prosecutor said police found a shell casing at the Baker Street site, where Lucien allegedly met with four other men. The alleged victim identified Lucien as the shooter, according to police. Police arrested the defendant after the suspect fled from a Surfside Road home and ran into the water at Lynn Beach.Two Lynn police officers testified at the dangerousness hearing Tuesday. But observed testimony focused on the arrest and subsequent events and the alleged victim’s identification of the suspect rather than investigations at the shooting scene.Officer John Bernard said he was not at the scene of the crime nor on duty when it occurred. He did, however, take part in the foot chase and showed the photo array to the alleged victim when the latter returned from the hospital. Bernard also testified that Lucien showed police where he had previously thrown away the weapon near High Rock and Rogers Avenue.”He was cooperative, trying to help us find where he put the gun,” Bernard said. He also noted that Lucien never said he was the shooter.Defense attorney Amy Sixt noted this cooperation (attributing Lucien’s fleeing from arrest as due to his age), and she requested Lucien be released on conditions of bail, including house arrest.”Officers haven’t recovered a gun, and the officer was clear that he didn’t make an admission,” Sixt said. She also addressed concerns that the incident was gang-related.”I think it is significant he doesn’t have a record, doesn’t have any tattoos, and there is no clear evidence presented that he is a member of a gang.”But Essex Assistant District Attorney Mark Byron said there were no conditions that would ensure the safety of the alleged victim and the community. He submitted a package of several police reports as exhibits and played a recording of a 911 call where the caller pleads with dispatchers to help the alleged victim.Judge Albert Conlon read the police reports and ordered Lucien held without bail pending trial. He also ordered the court files to remain impounded, declining Sixt’s request to release the names of witnesses to her or an independent investigator. He noted her objection.Friends of Lucien declined to comment outside the courtroom, and Lucien’s parents went to speak with Sixt privately.
