• Skip to main content
  • Skip to secondary menu
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer
  • Purchase photos
  • My Account
  • Subscribe
  • Log In
Itemlive

Itemlive

North Shore news powered by The Daily Item

  • News
  • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Lifestyle
  • Police/Fire
  • Government
  • Obituaries
  • Archives
  • E-Edition
  • Help
This article was published 10 year(s) and 10 month(s) ago

Salem man arrested in Dominican Republic for murder of Revere vet

itemlive_news

January 19, 2015 by itemlive_news

Following an international search, authorities have arrested a Salem man charged in the 2012 murder of an Army veteran from Revere.Peter Castillo, 26, of Salem, was arrested in the Dominican Republic as a fugitive from justice stemming from June 27, 2012 indictments charging him with first-degree murder and unlawful possession of a firearm, Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley’s office said in a press release Saturday.The charges stem from the 2012 shooting death of Stephen Perez Jr., of Revere, in Boston’s Theater District.Police say Perez was shot in the back around 2 a.m. April 28, 2012, after an altercation at a club.Perez graduated from Revere High School in 2007 and was a former Army sniper in Iraq and Afghanistan. At the time of his death, Perez was attending Bunker Hill Community College and planned a law enforcement career.Authorities believed Castillo had fled to the Dominican Republic, and the U.S. Marshals added Castillo to their 15 Most Wanted list late last year. The Boston Police Fugitive Unit and authorities in the Dominican Republic collaborated to locate Castillo and effect the arrest, Conley’s office said.Castillo arrived in custody on U.S. soil Saturday and is currently held in New York. He is expected to return to Boston next week to be arraigned on the charges.Two co-defendants were also indicted in connection with the shooting.Luis Sepulveda, 30, and Janice Hardy, 24, were both charged with perjury and misleading investigators for allegedly lying to Boston Police homicide detectives and a Suffolk County grand jury during the investigation of the death. Each of the co-defendants’ cases remain open and both are scheduled to return to court later this month, according to Conley’s office.

  • itemlive_news
    itemlive_news

    View all posts

Related posts:

No related posts.

Primary Sidebar

Advertisement

Sponsored Content

Financial advice for U.S. Citizens in Spain

Safe, Supervised, and Grounded in Care: How Lumin Health Delivers Ketamine Therapy Responsibly

Revenge Saving: Taking Back Control of Your Finances – with a Little Help from Beverly Credit Union

Advertisement

Upcoming Events

38 SPECIAL

December 13, 2025
Lynn Auditorium

4th Annual LCTV & CCoL Photos with Santa & Toy Drive

December 11, 2025
181 Union Street, Lynn, MA, United States, Massachusetts 01901

98°

December 5, 2025
Lynn Auditorium

A Celtic Christmas Concert: Dashing Through the Snow

December 6, 2025
590 Washington St, Lynn, MA, United States, Massachusetts 01901

Footer

About Us

  • About Us
  • Editorial Practices
  • Advertising and Sponsored Content

Reader Services

  • Subscribe
  • Manage Your Subscription
  • Activate Subscriber Account
  • Submit an Obituary
  • Submit a Classified Ad
  • Daily Item Photo Store
  • Submit A Tip
  • Contact
  • Terms and Conditions

Essex Media Group Publications

  • La Voz
  • Lynnfield Weekly News
  • Marblehead Weekly News
  • Peabody Weekly News
  • 01907 The Magazine
  • 01940 The Magazine
  • 01945 The Magazine
  • North Shore Golf Magazine

© 2025 Essex Media Group