LYNN — A woman who wishes to remain anonymous paid a $623 veterinarian bill for a cat rescued from the four-alarm fire that ripped through a Broad Street apartment building earlier this month.
Christopher, a 1-year-old black and white cat, is being fostered by a Lynn couple while its owner, 47-year-old Michelle Dupont, gets back on her feet and attempts to find permanent housing.
Dupont told The Item that she lost everything in the fire, including her other cat, Kayla, the 2-year-old mother of Christopher, but is still holding out hope she’s alive.
Michael Biasetti Jr., 32, and his fiancee, Crystal Falta, 35, took in Christopher after Dupont was left homeless from the fire, and started the gofundme page, “Christopher’s Love,” to raise funds for the cat’s $623 vet bill and to help Dupont get back on her feet.
A woman emailed The Item, asking to remain anonymous, saying that she had paid the entire North Shore Animal Hospital bill — Christopher had been treated there for a week following the fire.
“Being a cat and dog lover and owner, I was touched by the story,” the woman said in an email on Monday. “I just returned from North Shore Animal Hospital (they are also my vet) and I paid the charges for Christopher in full. I hope the gofundme page goes to the owner to recoup what she has lost.”
The gofundme page for Christopher has raised almost $1,200.
Dupont said she’s thankful for the help she’s received from the woman who paid her bill and for the fundraising effort.
“It’s incredible,” Dupont said. “Through this awful stuff, there’s so many good people out there helping me, a total stranger. Good things are coming out of bad things. I’m very thankful.”