SALEM – A Superior Court jury was released Monday after failing to reach a verdict in the trial of a Peabody man who allegedly raped his estranged wife in her home last year.Victor Quadros, 36, of 1 North Central St., Peabody, began his trial last week in Salem Superior Court on charges of assault with intent to rape, two counts of indecent assault and battery on a person over age 14 and two counts of assault and battery in connection with an incident at his estranged wife’s home on 24 Elizabeth St. in Lynn.Jurors, comprised of four women and seven men, deliberated for about four hours. They will return today morning to continue deliberations.Assistant District Attorney Christina Pujals Ronan told the jury panel in her closing summation that Quadros went to the home at 24 Elizabeth St. on Sept. 11, 2009 to “get something that belonged to him and when he begged down on his knees for her to take him back and she refused, he said, ‘You’re going to get raped tonight.'”It was about 10:30 p.m. when Quadros, who had been living with his father in Peabody, called his estranged wife and asked if he could come over to get some of his belongings and she consented.Once inside, the victim said he pushed her down to the ground, choked her, touched her inappropriately and attempted to force her to have sex, but she was able to free herself, grab a cell phone and call 911.Defense lawyer David Grimaldi emphasized to the jury in his closing that the victim is “falsely accusing her husband.””She was never assaulted. The assault never happened,” Grimaldi insisted before the jury.Quadros did not take the stand in his own defense during his trial.He has been held in custody without bail since being arraigned.The 34-year-old victim said they met in Portugal when she was age 13 and married Quadros in 1994 when she was 17 and he was 19. They moved to Lynn in 1995 on Elizabeth Street and have one son. She said her divorce from Quadros became final in April.
