SALEM – A 45-year-old Saugus man charged with improperly fondling two teenage girls at his home remains free on $1,500 bail, after saying he is innocent.In Salem Superior Court Thursday morning, Peter J. Lincoln, of 43 Riverbank Road, Saugus, entered an innocent plea to three counts of indecent assault and battery on a child under the age of 14, as well as a single count of indecent assault and battery on a child over the age of 14.Judge Timothy Q. Feeley agreed to set the same bail amount and conditions established earlier in Lynn District Court as recommended by the prosecutor and defense and continued the case to Nov. 15 for a pre-trial conference.Lincoln agreed he will not have any communication what-soever, which includes electronics, to the complainants, their mother or grandmother. He also is to refrain from all alcohol use, submit to alcohol breath tests and report to probation as directed until his case is resolved.The charges arise out of sexual misconduct with two teenage girls, ages 12 and 16, who told authorities that Lincoln inappropriately fondled them.The 12-year-old girl reported that she was fondled at his home between Jan. 1 and Feb. 28. The older teenager said she was indecently abused at his home on July 17.The two girls disclosed the incidents to their parents in July.Police arrested Lincoln at his home on July 22 following an investigation.He faces up to 40 years in state prison if convicted on all four indictments.Lincoln is disabled and collects a disability check due to an accident in 1995, according to public defender Rebecca E. Whitehill. He has been deemed indigent, meaning he has no money to hire his defense attorney. The state will pay all costs, but he must pay $150 toward his legal representation.Assistant District Attorney Christina P. Ronan is prosecuting the case.
