SAUGUS – A Saugus man allegedly attacked his new bride Saturday and threatened to kill her as she barricaded herself in a bathroom.The suspect, Thomas F. Frechette, 57, of 29 Wilbur Ave., was charged with threat to commit murder and domestic assault and battery. He was arraigned Monday at Lynn District Court by Judge Albert Conlon and released on personal recognizance under the condition that he abide by a restraining order against him. Frechette is due back in court Dec. 6 for a pre-trial hearing.According to court documents, police received a phone call from a 48-year-old victim who said she had locked herself in a bathroom in an attempt to hide from her allegedly abusive husband. She went on to say that her husband, Frechette, had firearms in the trunk of his vehicle, but that he didn’t have a license to carry.Police responded and found Frechette outside his home, who admitted he had been drinking and got into a fight with his wife, whom he married in June. The victim was found inside a locked bathroom on the second floor of the home and told police that she had been arguing with her husband. She went on to say that when she tried to get him to go to bed, he allegedly grabbed her by her shoulders, pushed her into a wall and then kicked her in the chest.During the scuffle, the victim said Frechette threatened to kill her several times, saying he was going to get a gun in the trunk of his car and use it on her. Saying she was in fear for her life, the victim said she ran into a bathroom, locked herself inside and called the police.The victim showed police several red marks on her upper arm, but refused medical attention at the scene. She said the vehicle, a green Buick, that Frechette allegedly keeps his firearms in was located in Malden. Police have applied for a search warrant to inspect the vehicle, which was towed to the department on Saturday.
