SALEM – A Superior Court judge continued the $25,000 cash bail for a Natick man charged with stealing $500 at knifepoint from a man using an ATM machine at a vestibule in the Kowloon Restaurant parking lot.Eric Bjork, 39, of 11 Foskett Court, #3, Natick, appeared Wednesday for his arraignment and pleaded innocent to armed robbery and threats to commit a crime, to kill.As jointly proposed by the prosecutor and defense, Judge Timothy Q. Feeley continued the same bail amount as previously established in Lynn District Court and continued the case to May 25 for a pretrial conference.The judge agreed to leave the door open for a bail review hearing at another court date.In the meantime, Bjork, who is also facing a probation surrender involving other unrelated crimes, remains held at the Cambridge Jail.Assistant District Attorney Kristen R. Buxton stated the charges arise out of an incident in Saugus.The 28-year-old male victim from Danvers told authorities it was about 7 p.m. on Jan. 4 when he withdrew $100 from his ATM bank account at the Bank of America branch located in the parking lot at Kowloon, 948 Broadway. A man then approached him, demanding at knifepoint that he turn over that money and also ordered him to withdraw another $400 while he threatened to kill him.The victim withdrew the additional funds, handed it over to the robber and then ran toward the restaurant. He told police the robber took off with the cash in a light-colored SUV.Investigators quickly got a lead in the case after Bjork was arrested in Wakefield for a similar robbery. They compiled a photo array and showed it to the victim, who reportedly identified Bjork as the robber who stole $500 from him. Bjork was arrested the next day.Detective Kevin Murphy with patrolmen Arthur Connors and Frank Morello were the leading investigators in the case.Bjork faces a potential life sentence in state prison if convicted on the armed robbery charge.
